Need help deciding...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nemaks, Apr 12, 2012.

  1. nemaks macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2012
    #1
    Hi everyone!

    Okey the situation is as follows, I currently live in Norway where Apple equipment isn't really cheap. Now I'm looking to upgrade from my Mid-2009 MBP 13" with ssd + 8gb to either a:

    MBA 13" 4GB(really wish for 8GB) usure about wether to chose the 128GB or the 256GB(leaning towards this one because of the i7)

    or

    MBP 15" 4GB(i'll add 8) with high-ress antiglare 2.2 ghz i7 etc

    Now the thing is I've heard that new MacBooks are just around the corner! But the thing is that my girlfriend will be in LA from 21st - 23rd April and due to the price difference being:

    MBA : 470 USD cheaper
    MBP : 860 USD cheaper

    What do you recommend me do? Buy or wait because the upgrade will be worth the 500-900 dollars??

    Thanks in advance,
    Nemanja
     
  2. QSho macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2012
    #2
    Hello Nemanja,

    I live in Spain so I understand when you say the price difference is huge.

    This one is a tough one though, because as you said the new products are just around the corner.

    Intel's Ivy Bridge is supposed to deliver some noticeable performance improvement specially on the 13" MBP in which you are interested as it will rely on an integrated graphic chip.

    In my (humble) opinion, the first question that you must answer is which model are you going to get, and in order to do so, you must know what you pretend yo use it for.

    gaming? multimedia? -> maybe the 15" would be better.
    everyday tasks? -> maybe the 13" would fit you.

    Now there is always one last thing that you can consider:

    you can wait until the new line is on sale, then spend 500$ to 900$ to take a trip to the united states and buy a new one there... hehehe

    anyway, I hope this helps somehow.

    Q.
     

Share This Page