Need Help Deciding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chaoticfury09, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Chaoticfury09 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I need some help deciding what to do. I currently own a 13" late 2013 RMBP, with 8gb ram and 256gb ssd. Lately I have started getting into Starcraft 2 and WoW again. My current Mac does okay at both but nothing special. Recently someone offered me a trade to a June 2012 15" RMBP. Same 8gb of ram and 256gb ssd but it has a 650m and an i7 quad core processor. I am just wondering if this would be a good trade and if I would see a considerable difference in the gaming I am experiencing on the integrated chip vs the dedicated.
    Oh and for the record I don't travel much. I originally bought the 13" for portability but I rarely take it with me. I normally play games and watch movies along with internet browsing. Though I would like to move it every once and awhile.

Also does it make a difference going from PCI-e ssd to just a normal ssd?
    Thanks for your help.

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I would ask to use it for an hour or two and install your game to see.

3. Chaoticfury09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. Do you think I should worry that applecare is passed the one year and I can't add it on? What are the chances of a problem coming up.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

That is another whole issue.

Keep in mind that Apple care would cost $250 or whatever. If nothing every happens, you saved $250. If something happens that costs $250, you are still even. If something happens that cost $400 - they you are finally out some money.

Let it go.