Need help deciding

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Decided I am going to get my wife an upgrade to her Series 0 Apple Watch for her birthday. Coincides nicely with Apples keynote, however I am not loving the price increase for the Series 4. Looking at a golf sport. My wife is not the tech nerd I am and is actually fine with her current watch so even a series 3 would be great for her.

Do I spring the extra $120 for the Series 4 or save a bit and get last years model? Usually for me I ‘need’ the latest and greatest so it’s an easier decision but since it’s not for me this year I am torn.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
It sounds like she keeps her gadgets for the long-haul. If she gets the newest version now, she’ll make use of it for quite a while.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
I'd feel good about spending a bit more on the upgrade for the lady, but that's just me.

She may also appreciate the aesthetics of the newer design as well (don't forget, it's thinner, which will also lead to it fitting better on smaller wrists) and so she could benefit from that as well.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Ok, thanks folks! I will keep the preorder I put in for her gold 40mm.

Lets Go

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2017
Upstate NY
Even though she is not a tech nerd like us she may hear about the new features (ECG, fall detection) of the Series 4 in passing. Then you will have to explain to her she doesn't have those because you were cheap.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Even though she is not a tech nerd like us she may hear about the new features (ECG, fall detection) of the Series 4 in passing. Then you will have to explain to her she doesn't have those because you were cheap.
Haha, well I’m not sure she’d see it as cheap. My wife is a sucker for a good deal and getting a series 3 for 279 is a pretty good deal IMO, however sometimes it’s worth just splurging. Especially like what a previous poster said, she will likely keep this for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.