Need Help Deciding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yell0w, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Yell0w macrumors regular

Hello, I am currently a high school senior going towards to college with electrical engineering as my major. I can't decide which type I should buy. The macbook/macbook pro would be my primary computer because I hate the fact that I have to share my current desktop with my two younger brothers. I would be using the macbook/macbook pro for tasks like surfing the web, school purposes (which will probably take up most of the time as I am using the laptop), movie-watching, and some small gaming.

2. bayol05 macrumors regular

bayol05

Based on your major and your desire to sometimes play games, I would go with the MacBook Pro. If you have the money, go for it! The MacBook is a great machine as well, but the extra two inches of screen size would be nice for watching the DVDs. Some might say the MacBook is more portable because its smaller, but I've been carrying my MacBook Pro around my college for the last two years and its been perfectly fine. Like I said, if you can afford the MacBook Pro, go for that one!

Good Luck!

3. MacDude415 macrumors member

MacDude415

I would go for the MacBook Pro if it is within you budget. It seems like it will last longer and serve you better for what you will be using it for. Good luck!

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

If you're a serious gamer, get a desktop. It'll be cheaper, faster, and more powerful than *any* Apple laptop.

If you aren't, get a Macbook.

5. Yell0w thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you guys for the feedback, as for the comment about the desktop, there isn't much room for another desktop and I don't want to lug a desktop to college. Now about the macbook pro, which one should I invest my money on, a new one or a refurb one?

6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I've heard plenty of good experiences from people who bought refurbs, so go for it and save your money!

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Refurbished, always. And no, there isn't any difference between them and new models.

8. Galapp macrumors regular

hmm look, if you have the money (cause sometimes money is an issue), I would recommend you to buy the Macbook Pro. why? because it is much faster, and stronger than the macbook... if you want a computer that you can have fast access to internet without getting stuck every sec, play games, and even some applications will always run better on a Macbook Pro...