Need help downling from OWA outlook web access site

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sillyrabbitt, Apr 13, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

Hi All-

I thought I figured this out but its not working now. I could have sworn I got it to work... :(

I need to download an excel file or powerpoint from my work email Outlook Web access (OWA) site. But it tells me i need to right click the file to DL.

I tried it in safari, goodreader and atomic and it didnt work. is there anyway to get it to work? or do i need to setup email client for exchange access and then DL the file that way? is that my only option?

also if i were to sync the file from my mac to ipad2 (which i cannot right now since i am on the road) where can i do that in itunes? is it only able to do this using goodreader only?

THANKS so much for any help!!!!

2. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone?

Can you transfer files to the ipad2 and open them? i am disappointed in the ipad2 for work purposes if i cannot do this. :(

please let me know what i am doing wrong...if anything. thanks in advance.

3. franmatt80, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

Hi there,

With my OWA account, if I touch and hold on an attachment, it opens on a new page with the option to 'Open in' a relevant app. I have two exchange accounts for two different jobs - one 2003 and one 2007 - and both work like this OK. I then open it in Goodreader or similar so it's stored natively on my iPad.

Is this what you are having trouble doing?

If you want to sync from your Mac to Goodreader, you can do this by setting up a server through the 'Go' dropdown menu on your Mac. You can sync to any other app through iTunes which can read the particular file you are dealing with.

Edit: should have said I was doing this with the Safari app

Not 100% sure I've answered your questions - couldn't grasp exactly what you wanted to do from your posts, so do post back if that's not quite what you're talking about.... hope it helps.