Need help downloading video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by greendj, Jul 10, 2007.

1. greendj macrumors newbie

I am creating a family tree DVD, using iMOVIE, and have found some excellent historic video on youtube.com and google.com that I would like to download and move to the iMOVIE application. Is there a way to download video to my eMAC. Someone once showed me how but I forgot.

This is not for re-sale or anything illegal. I just want to re-use some existing historic video.

dan

2. barcodebawtv macrumors newbie

zamzar.com

I love this website http://www.zamzar.com It will let you convert any file type to another. You just copy and paste the URL on youtube to their URL page and select to convert it to a Quicktime or .mov (I can't remember how they word it.) I seriously use it very regularly for this very thing.

3. greendj thread starter macrumors newbie

Downloading video

Thanks for the quick reply. Cool site. However, I just tried to convert a URL to an MP4 file (to import into iMOVIE), and I got the following error:

Error: Upload at least one file before trying to convert

Have you seen this? Not sure what do do....

4. barcodebawtv macrumors newbie

"Add URL"

Yeah, you enter the URL in the "Step 1" box then click the "Add URL" button right next to it. Then move on to step 2

5. greendj thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

You are the best 'barcodebawtv'. I wasn't hitting 'Add URL'. What a doof. Thx so much. Hope I can help you sometime.

Dan

6. greendj thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

I just realized my email address will not allow such a large file to be sent to it from http://www.zamzar.com. Size limitation. Wonder how I can get around that. are there email systems out there that will accept file sizes for 10's or 100's of megs?

7. greendj thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it out.

Ok, I realized that zamzar.com doesn't email the file to me. It emails a notification that I need to retrieve my file from their site. AWESOME!

Thanks barcodebawtv!