need help emailing song files

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by darrahevc, May 12, 2008.

1. darrahevc macrumors newbie

i am completely new to macs. i recently downloaded a bunch of music on my new home mac, but want to send all of the files to my pc at college. i was told to download the stuffit program to compress the files into archives. I made a bunch of folders of music to be compressed, just to be safe. and for some reason only a small percentage of the music ended up a much smaller size. But when i look in the folders that were to be archived, the music files are the same size as the compressed files. So i was only able to email a couple of the archive folders to myself because of the email size limit. I don't really know what i'm doing. I just want all of my music files on my mac to get on my pc at school somehow. I also tried to create a zip folder but that just turned out to be the same size as the original.

Any help regarding this problem would be appreciated. Thanks

2. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Compression is not something that will compress it to a small amount all the time. I am assuming you do not have a .Mac account so I would check to see if your isp offers free webspace and upload files there.

The reason I am saying this is cause email is a horrible service to use to xfer files.

3. AndyK Contributor

AndyK

How much music do you have?

If you've only got a couple of gig use a usb pendrive or borrow a larger external drive from a friend if you have a lot, transport them physically and then transfer them.