need help! experts please respond =)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jordansayWHATTT, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jordansayWHATTT macrumors newbie

good evening (or should I say morning!) everyone

i recently turned 18 and am graduating high school in a few months. i got myself a part time job and i've been saving my pennies, and i finally have enough to get myself a macbook pro.

i was going to buy one earlier this week until i heard about this new supposed macbook pro refresh

i'm honestly not a hardcore gamer or computer user. the only things i'll be doing on my macbook are email, facebook, homework, downloading music and occasionally watching netflix, so I see no need for myself to get the updated version of the MBP.

the only reason I haven't bought the current version yet is because i'm holding out for a price drop (even though I have the money, more cash in my pocket is always a plus!) i'm fully aware i can get a PC for cheaper but i want a mac!

but now I'm worried once the new line of MBPs launch, i wont be able to buy the current (soon to be outdated) model :confused: I don't wanna end up paying more for something I don't need...

so i guess my question is: when the MBP with the new specs comes out, will i still be able to purchase the model with the current specs?

thanks for your help =]

2. mdgm macrumors 6502a

Stores that still have the old model in stock will try and sell them. If you can't find the current model, it doesn't matter too much. The 2011 MBP should be about the same price as the 2010 MBP is atm.

3. David-fr macrumors 6502

Hey there,

You can buy them refurbished (best deal) or from the clearance store:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals?mco=OTY2ODY3Ng

Also you can look for amazon, best buy deals looking to clear off inventory.

If i were you i would go with refurbished :)

Good luck

4. ozred macrumors 6502

No, not from Apple. They're too greedy.

You may however, find it elsewhere if you're really fast since others want the same thing you do.

Me? I'd buy now and forget the hype you read from fanboys here.

The current models are fully debugged and worth it now. Don't get caught up in "the latest" it's not worth it.

I've owned a lot of new Macs in a decade. Buy now, you won't regret it.

5. David-fr macrumors 6502

If he buys the current models he would save some moneyz because when the new ones come out (few hours from now) the current ones will drop price :)

6. jordansayWHATTT thread starter macrumors newbie

ooh, the refurbished model is 999 now. it was 1099 a few days ago

decisions....

7. Gr80Likes2Boogi macrumors regular

8. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Another +1 to going with a refurb unit. I bought a refurb Aluminum Macbook and two years later it's still going strong. I'd say wait until the new ones are out to see if there's another price drop on the previous gen units.

9. jordansayWHATTT thread starter macrumors newbie

10. David-fr macrumors 6502

Gratz! You will love it!