Need help exporting Wide Screen Video (DV) to IDVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Freddytoman, May 10, 2009.

1. Freddytoman macrumors newbie

I have try many quick time formats but they all pretty much go back to 720x480 (4:3) Aspect Ratio, even sometimes when I specifically check the 16:9 ratio option it exports it back to (4:3). The only way I can go around it and keep the Wide Screen in IDVD is by changing the frame size to 854x480, but then I see this " Blinking " from clip to clip and mostly before a clip that has a filter or effect. All I want to do is create a DVD using iDVD 16:9 tamplate and play the movie in the same aspect ratio. I don't want to use compressor because I'm not good with DVD Studio. I will appreciate specif as what format to use, what compression format, etc in plain English since I'm not a professional. Thanks so much for the help !!

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

You can use compressor, and the pre made setup. I assume you made your movie in FCP, correct? Then go to export, not quicktime movie but compressor. In compressor you drag the right settings from all the pre-made settings on you right onto you movie. (on the right is something like a window with a lot of bins, go to dvd's, and select what you want). In case iDVD reject that movie because it's NTSC, make your own setting in compressor and copy everything from the pre-made setting, except this time, make it PAL. (if your not american, there's change this applies to you).

Anyway, compressor will compress it the right way, if you do the right settings (just browse under window with all the pre-made settings, there you can change everything, just search long enough until you find something that says 4:3, or 16:9 and make it a you wish).

Compressor made the perfect movie for you, and you import that into iDVD.