Need help fast!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philip in al, Apr 20, 2012.

1. philip in al macrumors regular

iPad just stolen by Delta baggage handlers. May be wrong forum, but usually smartest people in this one. Here is problem. IPad 3. Never activated cellular plan; cellular date slide stays in off position. Wifi stays on. Uses "find my iPhone to send iPad messages, then lock device. Since it was turned off still (I assume), it never sent me an email saying the message had been sent or that the iPad had been located or even locked. I had to board another plane. Could afford to take chance of someone getting all my personal info off. 1password etc., so I wiped it.

Question, with cell data switches off, can apple wipe it the minute it is turned on, or will they have to wait until it is connected to a wireless network?

What scares me is all the data they can steal if they get free reign on the iPad until they connect to wifi.

Thanks for any insight.

2. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

it has to be connected to a data connection of some kind (wifi/3g/4g etc) to get the signal to wipe it clean.

3. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

As long as they are not connected, they have total access? Man I hope they connect before they snoop. If they connect to iTunes, will that do it?

can apple do anything? Should I be closing accounts? Old emails probably show acct numbers etc. evernote alone is deadly.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, they need to connect to some sort of data for the command to be received by the ipad. Either 3G or Wifi.
    Apple cant do anything about it.