Need help figuring out if my macbook is hacked

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mactwils, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mactwils macrumors newbie

I just recently bought the new 15" macbook pro. The past few days at any random time when Im on my mac my mouse pointer automatically goes to the top of my screen where I have 'keychain' docked in the toolbar and then clicks on the tiny icon and locks my screen. This is happened two or three times now. In addition, twice today again the mouse pointer went up and instead tried to to hit my sync icon that is in the toolbar as well that is set for a mobile me account that I dont even have, but the icon stays docked in the toolbar, I cant figure out how to take it out. I have turned on my firewall blocking all incoming connections regarding sharing, I changed my password, but do not really know what else I can do. I saw a few other forums about this talking about opening the terminal and adding some statements but I dont know how to interpret the information it gives back. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if more information is needed please ask.

2. larryg1do macrumors newbie

larryg1do

Sounds like a script is running

Did you play with automator or set up some type of apple script - it sounds like that is what is happening.

3. mactwils thread starter macrumors newbie

I did for the keychain one, and that was my original assumption. However, I disabled it through Automator and in service preferences as of the first time it happened. As far as for the syncing one I never did anything for that, I only used Automator one time and that was about half a year ago on my old mac before I got this new macbook. Whats weird is I never used it and have had this laptop now for 2 months and this all recently started happening, I wont even be using the keyboard.

4. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Well, easy way is turn off your airport and use your computer. Does this happen a lot? If you're patient and don't need internet, just try it and see if it keeps doing it. If it does, then it's something within the computer acting up.

5. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

You could always create a second user account, and see if anything strange happens with that one. If the same behaviors are exhibited in the second user account, you can always nuke and pave.

That's always the last step, but by re-installing your computer (and maybe choosing a different, stronger password), you will be that much more assured you have a clean system.

6. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

By the sounds of what you have already done, unless your in trouble with the government, then probably there is some mislead Automator script being activated.

7. acron1 macrumors regular

acron1

Check to see if "Screen Sharing" is turned on..."System Preferences" => "Sharing" => see if "Screen Sharing" is checked. Is this a business computer?