Need help finding a charger

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DryEyez, Mar 29, 2012.

1. DryEyez macrumors 6502

I bought my first ipad last night second hand (1st gen), but i'm in need of some help, the charger that was supplied does not produce enough power and recharged it about 15 percent over several hours, it appears to just be a standard charger for smaller ios devices.

Could anyone direct me on amazon or play (for uk shipping) for a cable that definitely will charge it, as im not really sure what im looking for and dont want to get another charger that is the wrong one :rolleyes:

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

What does the charger look like? Is it a little one inch by one inch cube? If so it is for the iPhone and not the iPad. If it is larger it is likely the correct one and it will not charge your device quickly. If you are using the device and trying to charge it will be even slower!

You can see what the charger should look like by going to Apple.com and see them in the store.

3. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah i do not have that item, i have just an iphone one, is there a reputable retailer that has these on amazon so i can go for next day delivery

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The iPhone charger WILL charge your Pad but very slowly and only if turned off. It is worth leaving hooked up while not using and sleeping.

Hope you enjoy your iPad!:)

5. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

There are plenty of chargers on eBay for Apple iPads. They work great and are much cheaper than Apple charges.

6. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel