Need help finding adaptor

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JohnMC, Dec 12, 2008.

1. JohnMC macrumors 6502

I'm tying to find an adaptor that will work with an ASUS EN6200LE Video Card. The DVI port on the card does not have the pins above and below the horizontal pin. I really need to find a way to convert the DVI to VGA so I can run two monitors off this card. Yes, this a windows computer, but I am hoping the community can forgive me for have a windows tower around. If you have any input it would be greatly appreciated.

JohnMC

2. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

the signal from the DVI-D port cannot be converted to VGA because it only outputs digital signal. you need a DVI-A or DVI-I to convert to VGA.

why don't you use the VGA port on the card? is it used in a low-profile position (in other words did you remove the built-in VGA port?)

3. JohnMC thread starter macrumors 6502

I am using the VGA port on the back of the card, but I need to run two analog monitors on the computer. I thought I would be able to use the computer Intel GMA 900 chip and the VGA port of the ASUS, but the ASUS seems to have disabled the Intel Graphics.

JohnMC

Edit: I found this card on Newegg. I appears to have a DVI-I port. Is that right? If so, I would need a DVI-I to VGA adapter to run two monitors on it right?

Thanks for your help.

4. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su