Need help finding an old Toast update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jonsharp, Mar 31, 2009.

1. jonsharp macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

It seems that Roxio has pulled their old Toast updater files from their support site and I can't seem to find the files I need anywhere. I've got Roxio Toast Titanium 5.2 installed, but I need the update to 5.2.1 and then to 5.2.3. If anyone has these update files available, please let me know. To be clear, I'm not asking for the full version of Toast... I have the retail version installed currently, I just need the updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
    Jon

2. jonsharp thread starter macrumors newbie

Either one?

If anyone has just one of those updates, it would help me greatly. Thanks!

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Since you haven't had much luck here, why don't you just contact Roxio's customer support with your SN- I'm sure they have maintained copies on the servers even though they have pulled them from active distribution since they are getting so long in the tooth (5 versions off current). They can probably give you a private link to older versions like that.

4. jonsharp thread starter macrumors newbie

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Tech support at companies is usually pretty slow responding to e-mails. It usually takes at least 24hours.

After some looking around I am surprised to find that there are no classic mac sites or download sites hosting copies of the updates. I suppose you will need to wait for either tech support to allow you to download.

That or wait for somebody with the updates saved to respond and upload them to you. I don't know if this would be allowed by forum rules. It is not really pirating since it is only an update not the full program and still requires your license key. Maybe try the Apple collectors section of the forum. You will need to wait several days though or the mods will delete the new thread since it would be the same topic.

Mods if you feel this post condones piracy it is not my intent. Please remove if you do so feel.

6. jonsharp thread starter macrumors newbie

I too was surprised not to find these updates hosted on some third-party site somewhere. Believe me, I looked extensively before turning to Roxio tech support or these forums. And yes, I certainly don't think this is an issue of piracy. I am making no requests for full copies of commercial software, only the updates that Roxio had originally made freely available and have since apparently abandoned support for. In my case, I am using Toast 5 on Mac OS 9, and as this was the last version to support OS 9, I can't exactly just upgrade to a supported version. :)

I currently wait for reply from Roxio or a reply from someone who might be able/willing to provide me a copy. Mods, by all means, if you think this is in violation of forum rules, let me know.

Thanks

7. jonsharp thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I got a response from Roxio. I thought I would share it here:

Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Service

Unfortunately we don't have any links/patches for Toast 5 - this is now a legacy product which we no longer sell or offer support for. Im afraid we are unable to assist you further with your query.​

I understand not actively supporting legacy products, but what is the harm in keeping released patches/updates available via web/ftp? Apple still has Apple II software available on their ftp.