Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanielMyst777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
I've searched all over the place on google and couldn't find a decent complete guide on making custom carrier graphics for the iPhone 4. I'm looking for a thorough guide in making a custom carrier logo/graphic using photoshop for the iPhone 4 that is complete and up-to-date.

I've seen people on sites, such as macthemes.net, make carrier logos from pictures people provide them and make it in a universal size, cropped, and in different colors. I'd just like to know how they do this using photoshop or whatever program they use.

Thanks guys.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
There probably isn't one out there that's that specific. Most themers, as you've probably figured out, are already Photoshop gurus, and modding something like a carrier logo is pretty easy for them--it's often just resizing a given file, or playing with layer styles and fonts to create one customized with someone's name within the right canvas size, for instance. Writing up tutorials or filming them takes time, and most of us would much rather be modding or creating than documenting the process. :D

If you already know Photoshop, you won't need a tutorial to do something like this. If you don't, you need a good overall PS tutorial, not a carrier specific one, because it's not the easiest program in the world to use straight out of the box with no training. The only special thing to note for carrier logos is that images need to be PNG files with transparent backgrounds (no more than 60px high for retina, I think, same as other status bar stuff), and need to be correctly named/bundled for the specific carrier being replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.