Need help finding .Flv to Mp3 converter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shadow Knight W, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Shadow Knight W macrumors newbie

Shadow Knight W

I am looking to download youtube vids and convert them to mp3. The "free" version only lets me keep them in .flv format. Please either help me find a free youtube downloader or .flv to mp3 converter. thanks

2. texasmccoy macrumors member

texasmccoy

try this website:

http://www.zamzar.com

Its free and will allow you to convert and download youtube videos and/or just the audio portion of the video (such as a song you like). All you do is copy/paste the youtube video location to zamzar, tell it what format you want, and give it your email address. I have used this many times and have never encountered any viruses or spyware or anything else bad from it. The only thing I've noticed it does is will generate a pop-up browser from one of their sponsors. I just close them as soon as they appear.

Zamzar will convert the file, then after a short while, send you an email containing a link just for your file. When you get to that location, you can download the converted file safely.

By the way, if you save the videos you want as mp3, you will only get the audio portion, not the video. In order to get the video as a video and not a music/sound file, you need to save it as mp4, m4v, mov, or whatever video format you prefer.

I hope this helps.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Video2MP3 and vidtomp3 provide one step less and offer to download the converted file directly without the use of an email address.

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

Handbrake to the rescue! by far the best converter out there.