Need Help Finding iPhoto Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ggonz80, Aug 23, 2008.

1. ggonz80 macrumors newbie

Okay, here is the story. I few months back I moved my iphoto library to an external Segate Freeagent drive. Then deleted the iphoto library from my photos folder and made the appropriate changes with iPhoto so it knew to use that library destination located in the Freeagent Drive from now on. Long story short that freeagent drive died and I thought I lost all my pics. I got a new WD Passport drive and while I was playing around I found an icon for my old freeagent drive and was able to find and import my old iPhoto library to my new exterbal drive but without that freeagent drive being connected to my mac. This leads me to believe that old library is still somewhere on my macbooks hardrive taking up much needed space. How can I find this hidden iphoto library and delete it for good as I am in desperate need of the internal drive space. I did a spotlight search for booth Freeagent, and iPhoto library with no results. I am running 10.5.4 and iPhoto 8 if that helps any.
    Thank you.

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

If you deleted the iPhoto library then it'll be gone. What makes you think it is still on your MacBook's hard disk?

It isn't hidden - if you deleted it from your Picture folder, then it'll be gone.