need help finding proper drivers (ATI)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Omad0n, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Omad0n macrumors regular

Hi all,

I've come asking for some help finding proper drivers. I am looking for the drivers that I need for the ATI radeon HD 5670 for windows 7 64bit. I have been looking online, and the ones from the AMD support site have a lower version number then what I have, but I also can't seem to find the right ones from the ATI website.

There are other websites out their claiming to have the proper drivers, but I'm scared of downloading some sort of virus to my computer. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. It's a card that came with the new 21.5inch 3.2 ghz iMac, w/ 512MB of onboard ram.

I'm new to windows so this has been quite a journey, hunting around websites and such. Ever from the manufacturers website I'm just not sure of the right option to pick. Thanks for any and all help.

I also thought I should add that the reason I'm looking for the best drivers possible is that I want to get the best possible performance for Star Craft 2, and had heard the windows side (with updated drivers) would run better.

2. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

3. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the link. I suppose i should've posted that I'd been to that site, but I just wasn't sure which of those things to DL. Be it the software suite or the APP, since they both contain descriptions for running a monitor, and they are both about the same size, and certainly both with the same release date.

4. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

The only difference between the APP and the Suite is that the APP contains an additional OpenCL driver. Unless you are working with OpenCL, you probably don't need it.

5. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Got things up and running w/o problem. Much appreciated!

6. nathyn macrumors newbie

Radeon HD 5670 Driver Issue

I'm Kinda having the same Issue, I have the 27" iMac with the 5670, however when i try to install the catalyst suite for Win7 64 bit, the program folder is empty and it doesn't seem to have installed or updated anything, can anyone advise on how I'm being so stupid?

7. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

If you run Windows Update, you will probably find that there is a new Bootcamp update with new drivers for the ATi cards.

It was released yesterday or early this morning, I think.