Need help finding some accessories

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DKYang, Aug 13, 2010.

1. DKYang macrumors newbie

First, if you're going to say "search" or link me to ******, then please press that back button.

Now, I'm planning to buy my first macbook pro 15" base when I get the money near the end of the month and I'm trying to find some accessories. Here is what I'm looking for:

1. Keyboard skin/cover
    2. Palm skin/cover
    3. "Work-in-case." I think that's the term. Examples are below.

I understand Moshi is probably going to be recommend a lot for the keyboard/palm cover, but are there any cheaper alternatives that are also great? For the keyboard cover, I'm looking at the SGP's or Rearth's product which had good reviews and don't ruin the look of the keyboard. For the palm cover though, I can't find much. Any other good alternatives? It doesn't have to be like Moshi's and I don't know about the carpet-like ones (couldn't find a decent review).

Here are some examples of the work-in-case that I'm talking about:
    Slappa SL-NSV-103
    BookBook
    Booq Python Skin

Are there any more out there? I'm leaning towards the Booq or Slappa cases, depending on my budget at the time of purchase. You don't need to mention about overheating issues, if any, with these types of cases. I'm aware of the possibilities if I use one of these.

Yes, I know about the hard cases also. The Speck and Incase ones, but I'm not looking to buy those right now if I can find a good work-in-case.

Thanks.

2. vnle macrumors 6502

Sleeve or case?

3. DKYang thread starter macrumors newbie

My bad. Sleeve. I will be putting it in my backpack when traveling.

4. vnle macrumors 6502

5. chrisvee macrumors regular

Well, you're not wrong about Moshi! Their products are great! My girlfriend has the keyguard, and I was planning on getting one myself.. BUT that SGP one looks great! I think I'll get one of those. Can anyone recommend them?

As for the sleeve, I use an Incase Neoprene Sleeve with my backpack and it's awesome! :)

6. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

google search it =D

i am 100% kidding i hate when people want opinions and people tell them to search up other peoples threads like that makes sence?

hehe umm my buddy has a mac book pro and 2x wireless key boards (one for macbook and mac pro tower) and a cover for his mighty mouse, and he uses all iskin products and they have held up very well

http://www.iskin.com/products.tpl

i have a iskin for my iphone 3g and i have dropped it dozens of times flat onto asphalt with 0 damage it really works well -D

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

8. DKYang thread starter macrumors newbie

That case does look nice, unfortunately I don't need one of those types of cases, but I will save the link if I ever need it. :)

Damn, they cost $25. Even more than Moshi's. :(

9. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

a friend has one of these sleeves..
    he raves about it.. absolutely loves the thing:rolleyes:
    its 40$ but i think [and he thinks] its well worth it.. i will be getting the 'kiku makura' when i get my mbp :D

http://foofshop.com/

10. DKYang thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I've decided to get the Booq Python Skin once I buy the mbp.

Are there really no other suggestions with the palm/wrist covers?