Need Help Finding The Problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bijousox, Jan 7, 2010.

1. bijousox macrumors newbie

bijousox

Hello!
    I bought my MacBook Pro a few months ago and recently I have noticed that everytime I use the F8 key to pause iTunes, my backlit keyboard goes out. I've tried browsing the internet and reading forums and various other articles but I haven't seen anything on this specific issue. The backlight doesn't go on until I press the the brighten or dim keys. Any thoughts/solutions? I have been thinking about taking it to Apple, but is there anything I can do to take care of it without having to bring it in? Thanks! :)

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Did you download that backlight visualizer for iTunes?

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

I'm betting you installed iSpazz? The iTunes backlight visualizer?

4. bijousox thread starter macrumors newbie

bijousox

I did, but I thought it was useless so I got rid of it. I used it for about 10, maybe 20 seconds and didn't find it all that great.

Yep, I tried it for about 10-20 seconds and thought it was pretty useless and got rid of it. I didn't want to risk a seizure.

5. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Right, well it's because of that app. Google it. There are solutions out there.

6. bijousox thread starter macrumors newbie

bijousox

Thank you! Problem solved. :)

7. luiscm90 macrumors newbie

my keyboard turn off when i press f8

how did you find de solution?
    i have the same problem, i brought it my MBP and they didn't tell me how i can repair this!
    can you explain me how!?
    im desesperate!
    Many Thanks!

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you read the thread?

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah, while it's true that the solution can be found using a search engine, the OP has found it already. It would just be considerate of others with the same problem to go ahead and indicate where the solution was found, or even what the solution was in that case.

Given the thread title, I'm not surprised that wasn't done. Feeding at the trough, you know. The OP wanted help, that's it. The OP also needed help identifying the problem in the thread title. Others were kind enough to enter the thread (or preview it) to find out what it was about. You'd think such treatment would be deserving of returning the favor. (see above)

10. bijousox thread starter macrumors newbie

bijousox

Hi! Sorry I couldn't get back to you right away. Fortunately, people on here are helpful and I easily found out what was wrong. Go to Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins and if you have iSpazz, remove it. That is what kills the backlight if you use the play/pause buttons on the keyboard. My backlight has been working flawlessly ever since I got rid of it. :)