Need help fitting all on one DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cmF, Feb 6, 2010.

1. cmF macrumors member

cmF

I have a whole bunch (around 80) of .mp4 music video files that are about 20MB a piece. Technically, I could fit it all on one DVD if it's just data.

I was going to edit them all together and burn them using iDVD. Somehow, it creates these extremely large thumbnail files, and the whole process just ends up taking forever to encode, generate, share, etc and it takes up too much of my time and hard drive space. Some thumbnails are up to 3x bigger than the video themselves?!?!

Is there an easier way or program to put all these music videos on one DVD? I'm kind of stressing because this is all for a party and its coming up tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

One Single Layer (SL) DVD holds data up to 4.37/8 GiB (4.7GB), so unless those clips are less than 90 seconds long each, there is no way you can fit 80 clips onto a video DVD, as a video DVD uses the MPEG-2 codec which is not as space efficient as the H264 (MPEG-4) codec the .mp4 files will most probably use.

If you can get your hands on a Double Layer (DL) DVD you might get lucky though, as it stores 7.92GiB (8.5GB) of data, which might be enough for 80 music video clips.

You can also try Burn (free Mac OS X software) and see if that is able to somehow squeeze the 80 clips onto an SL DVD, but I doubt it.