Need Help Fixing No Sim Problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by imerix, Aug 9, 2011.

1. imerix macrumors newbie

Hi,

A few months ago I jail broke my Iphone 3G with the 4.2.1 firmware. Recently, it had been crashing regularly so I decided to do a downgrade. Using the shift-click method, I restored to 3.1.3. I then fixed the 1015 error using iREB. The problem now is the iphone will only show the screen saying "NO SIM card installed: Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone." The same SIM I have always used is currently in the phone. Hoping there is some way to fix this.

Thanks alot!

PS: My sleep button is broken aswell so any solutions involving DFU mode must require a way of getting into DFU mode without the sleep button

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a hardware issue if its not reading or identifying the sim inserted.

3. imerix thread starter macrumors newbie

I doubt it is a hardware issue because the iphone experienced no trauma between before the restore (SIM worked fine) and after. Also, the SIM card currently works fine in my old phone.

EDIT: Unless a software change could somehow affect hardware...?

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I bought an 8GB 3GS last summer that has done the same thing off and on since. I was too lazy to exchange it and now the warranty is gone. The problem fixes itself after a few minutes so I was never really too worried. Mine just says no sim detected.

Does yours do the same?

5. imerix thread starter macrumors newbie

It only did it after fixing the 1015 error with iREB and it has not gone away since