need help for best quality EXPORTING

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mr.Kohn, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Mr.Kohn macrumors newbie

i am editing a project in HD 1920x1080 on FCP. everything is done. now, my question is right here.
    The file is quite a Big thu:) what is the best format to export? still have the best possible quality? Please help.:)

peace

2. simsaladimbamba

Who gets that file and what shall be done with it, as the proper export depends on that?

I would always export the sequence once in its native format (using the same codec and resolution) and the use that in MPEG Streamclip to make .mp4 or .mov files using the H264 codec, to have a good quality file to give away.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Best quality setting: (assuming you have Compressor)

Send to Compressor ..
    h.264 codec, .mov filetype.
    Video compress to "automatic" on Best quality.
    Audio set to AAC Variable bitrate Best quality.

I use this when going for best quality compressed, you can always just export media and choose "current settings" to get uncompressed video and audio but it takes up a lot more space and is no good for video sharing sites like YouTube; I would recommend the above Compressor 4 settings.

4. careypo macrumors member

It depends on what you want to do with the video? Where do you want the video to go? H.264 is going to destroy your video if you lose too low a bit rate, because it will massive re-compress it. However, if you want to archive your video, I would recommend getting a Blu-ray disk recorder. Keeping your video on your hard drive is really a bad idea long term. Blu-ray's H.264 is usually high enough to reduce the loss in most video. You can use Apple's compressor to create Blu-ray disks.