Need help for blank Terminal :(

Discussion in 'macOS' started by potatowedges, Feb 4, 2011.

1. potatowedges macrumors newbie

Hi!

I was attempting to install some program which required me to key in some commands into Terminal. There was this prompt for my pw, but I didnt realised that it was referring to the pw for my mac. So I saved the file and close the application, and tried again. Only now there's no more prompting for commands or anything. I tried typing in the command but nothing's happening; the cursor just goes on to the next line instead of prompting me for my pw as prev.

In my first try, this came out immediately when I opened my Terminal application:

Last login: Sat Feb 5 01:29:09 on ttys000
    Potato-Wedges-MacBook:~ POTATO$

On my second try this dont appear anymore. Instead it's just a blank window. I've tried clicking the default login shell under terminal>preferences>shells open with, but nothing's working! PLEASE HELP ME! :(

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Try logging out and logging back in to your account. If that doesn't work, restart your machine.

3. LPZ macrumors 65816

Yes, restart.

4. potatowedges thread starter macrumors newbie

omg you guys are great! thanks for the prompt replies :) and yep, I've restarted my mac and it's gg great now. Thanks, really awesome! (Y)