Need help for .gif

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I want an application which will allow me to convert simple quicktime animations to moving .gif animations.

Is there such a program?

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Soulstorm said:
I want an application which will allow me to convert simple quicktime animations to moving .gif animations.

Is there such a program?
Me too! It does seem like that would be an obvious utility to make. Does anyone know of one?

Comment

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
I was looking for one of these a while ago, but couldn't find anything. So that's me four!

Someone must know of something.

::20ROGERSC::

Comment

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
If you are not scared on the command line and have installed ImageMagik (there's an OSX installer package on the web) you could do this. That was the 4th search result for "Quicktime to animated gif". The first 2 were for a perfect program to do this. For Windows :(

Comment

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Thanks robbieduncan, I'll give it a go.

Not very confortable with things like this, but I might as well start at some point.

::20ROGERSC::

Comment

baummer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
Soulstorm said:

Is there such a program?
You could always have someone who has Windows do it for you, since there are several programs that do this on Windows.

Comment

HydroMan

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2004
Luton. Lutonshire.
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
How about the free GifBuilder? Wouldn't that do the trick?
Thanks for that Mitthrawnuruodo it's what I've been looking for, have used it already and works fine for something that is freeware.

Don't know why this happened but after d/l it unstuffed as a Toast image file, so to get around this I used Get Info and chose open with DiskImage Mounter which solved the problem.

Comment