Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
Helo there friends uhmm i need help from the expert am having trouble now and confuse on my imac uhmm my imac has a 1T internal drive and i made an partition for mac is 900GB and windows for 100GB, now i put my video files for about 172.39 GB in my mac but i wonder why it consume all in all for about 899.77GB, and beside i only used 172.39 GB videos i can't find where and what are the other files that storm my my internal drive that reach into 899.77GB, is anybody there knows about my concern? :apple:

Nov 28, 2010
located
uhmm since am new yet on mac i haven't explore all of this, would u mine to guide me on how to go through on that folder? thanks

You download OmniDiskSweeper for example, install it properly (Installing Applications in Mac OS X), then open it from the Applications folder or via Spotlight (CMD+SPACEBAR), then select your internal HDD (called "Macintosh HD" by default, unless you changed it) and let it scan. That will show you where the big files and folders are.

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
You download OmniDiskSweeper for example, install it properly (Installing Applications in Mac OS X), then open it from the Applications folder or via Spotlight (CMD+SPACEBAR), then select your internal HDD (called "Macintosh HD" by default, unless you changed it) and let it scan. That will show you where the big files and folders are.

ok thanks am downloading now the application ill be back i a few hours after i will used this apps again thank you

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
Thanks AGain Dude because of OmniDisksweeper i found the files that storm my internal drive wew!!! i'm at peace now to work again without reading the annoying message "that my startup disk is full" oh by the way do you have an idea how many GB required for a START UP DISK?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.