need help for school

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Killaz045, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Killaz045 macrumors newbie

i dont know if i posted in the right place

I'm doing a research project on how Apple Inc. revolutionized the multimedia industry(audio,graphic,visual) and why is mac the go to over windows.

i need help finding sources but I'm having difficulties

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Have you found any sources? If you haven't you're either not looking hard enough or they didn't, and hence there will be no information on it.

3. Killaz045 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have been looking and i haven't found anything.And i thought mac plays a huge role in multimedia over windows.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

In which case maybe your premise is incorrect. Sometimes you hit dead ends in research papers. Be glad you hit yours this early.

I don't know if your statement is true or not, but if I was unable to find information on it after rigorous searching, I'd switch.

5. Killaz045 thread starter macrumors newbie

So your saying that apple is not the go to for multimedia. I though that was true. Im a audio production student and I've always thought mac was based for multimedia purposes over windows.

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'm not saying it's not. I'm saying if you can't find information to support your theory, it very well may not.

7. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

I think you're phrasing it wrong. It shouldn't be "why", it should be "how". Big difference. Why they did is biased. How they did is fact.

8. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

I'm thinking for that particular topic (how you phrased it) the best you are going to get is likely some statistics and some reviews, a lot of them biased.

9. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Go on How did Apple kill the original Napster and open the door to Online Music sales and the music singles cheap sale.

Then the simplification of portable music players (the iPod) tied to the iTunes Music Store and release of support for iTunes Windows. The reason the iPod made a secret rise was the original was announced and Sept. 11, 2001 happened. So it took a little time for people to realize what the iPod was.

Then talk about how the iPod lead to the revolution of the first iPhone and how the iPhone changed forever the smart phone era.

10. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

I thought we were talking about Mac's and multimedia production not iStuff and media consumption.