Need Help for "set Day&time automatically"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Samuel_Mac, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Samuel_Mac macrumors newbie

Recently upgraded from my imac G5 Rev B to new imac Aluminium 20" with an leopard upgrade.
    And the time is never right when i turn the machine on, it always set to 2 hours earlier than the normal time.
    What I have to do is to click into preferences and click dat&time panel, then wait for around 2 seconds, then it changes to the right time, it kinda bothers me a lot
    even i don't check the boxes that says "set Day&time automatically" and change to the right time, next time i restart my machine, time just goes wrong again.
    First of all, i thought i was the leopard's little bug for the first version, hoped that after the update, this would turn normal, but it didn't.
    Just wondering if you guys have any ideas how to fix this problem. is there anything i can reset or something that helps
    Thanks guys:confused:

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Make sure that your location system preference is set to the right place. If not then it will always give you the correct time + or - the offset.

3. Samuel_Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, been using mac for 3ish years now, never had a problem like this with my G5. yeh i know my way around using this date&time thing, i live in Brisbane Australia, and i definitely sure i did set to the right place.
    the problem is that everytime i restart the machine, the time goes wrong again, unless i go into the date&time panel then it will automatically change to the right time, if i don't do that so, it just stays as it is, like 2 hours minus.
    anyone has any better suggestions?
    thanks