Need help for setting own wallpaper in themes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AndrewR23, Feb 15, 2012.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Now all of the directions usually say, select your preferred wallpaper to wallpaper.png and delete or rename the original. How in the world do I rename a wallpaper to that and stick it into the theme???

2. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Really, no one knows? Usually this forum has always been able to help. Ive even offered to donate for the devs for help on this yet Ive never received a response.

3. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Okay so I go to var/stash/themes find the theme. Then I go to the lockbackground or whatever, deleted it, now the wallpaper is gone off the theme.

Now how do I get my wallpaper from my camera roll to be the lockscreen wallpaper for the theme? I know I have to name it wallpaper.png

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I was actually wondering this same thing this morning (weird)

at least I think we have the same question. I basically just want to move pictures from my camera over to the wallpaper folder, couldn't find the normal camera roll area in Ifile however.

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Exactly. For example,. I have an HTC widget theme. But it comes with this rainbow wallpaper. I want to change that to a wallpaper from my camera roll. But HOW ?? lol. I know peope on here can help.

6. itsmeoreo macrumors member

My guess is use ifile. Copy and paste ur photo from the DCIM folder to the theme folder and rename it as such. Obviously move/rename the one u don't want so no conflicting file names.

7. floridasteal macrumors newbie

I'd like to know this too, the option for user wallpaper in winterboard doesnt work either

8. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

I know to use iFile but this doesn't work either. Ive offered 10$ to devs for an answer yet no emails, no responses. Guess no one knows.

9. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Post up the whole theme folder in a .zip file and the background you want to use and I'll help you figure it out.

10. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

what exactly is a zip file? I can send you the wallpaper and what the theme is called if that helps

11. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

A .zip file would be the whole theme folder compressed into a single file making much easier for distributing.

If you downloaded it from the web you can post that link. If you got if from Cydia, navigate to the Themes folder through iFile hit 'Edit', select the appropriate theme, then tap the .zip icon (2nd icon from the left), tap 'Create', then post up the created .zip file.

12. AndrewR23, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012

AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Okay I created the zip file but where do I find it now? It said compressing and then nothing else happened.

Anyways the theme is called HTC Animated lock background

13. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

It should be within that same folder? Is there not another file of the same name with a .zip extension?

14. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Do u have Aim or something? Okay Im in the folder. I see Private...Sources...configureme.js...lockbackground.html....lockbackground.png

edit..see it. Okay I can click unarchiver or zip viewer

15. Balibalistic macrumors regular

Just delete those files. I just did and it works great. No renaming.

16. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

delete which files?

17. Balibalistic macrumors regular

Dude search YouTube, I'll see it I can find it for you.

18. ahhboi macrumors regular

Use JPEGifier

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1317986

19. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ive searched youtube, made threads in 3 different apple forums, offered 10$ to 5 different devs and no one has been able to help. Its astonishing how the devs who beg for support wouldn't take 10$ to write a simple step by step that takes less than 10 minutes.

20. Balibalistic macrumors regular

K dude nobody would help me either lemme see if I can figure it out again and walk u through it.

----------

First go download ifile through cydia.

21. Balibalistic macrumors regular

K go download ifile from cydia......

----------

Once you have ifile, you want to open it, in the top left keep hitting until you see / ...........scroll down and click on VAR......... Scroll down and click on stash.......... In my theme I then click on noki.wallpaper.theme, then click on private, then delete the wallpaper.png files. Do the same for the lockscreen. You can then change wallpaper freely. Lemme know how you make out.

22. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Okay When i click private i see animations....digits...icon sets...sytlesheets. am.png. bg.png...forecast.png...pm.png...translation.js

23. Balibalistic macrumors regular

24. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Did u just wanna download the theme too? Aim?

25. Balibalistic macrumors regular

Man,there's a video somewhere but I can't find the damn thing. But yes, I explained how I did mine, but it may differ by themes. Just look for wallpaper.png and lock wallpaper.png and delete them.