Need help for streaming media...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DigitalRanger, Sep 20, 2011.

1. DigitalRanger, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

DigitalRanger macrumors newbie

Guys,

New to MAC - got a MB Pro... so far I am quite pleased but after using windows since 3.1 it's a learning curve. I have not been able to figure out how to get a streaming site to work for me.. http://orf.at/live_oe3/index.html?height=200 is the site and it keeps telling me to install WMP.. I installed Flip4Mac - as it tells me that's the plugin it requires, but, alas.. no luck.

It's kinda driving me crazy - on the Win side of things I use RadioSure where I have a large selection of music stations from Austria that itunes radio does not even come close to. I know that Mac is not Windows and am willing to make some concessions, but streaming audio should be simple. Perhaps it is and I'm the one that's simple when it comes to this? :)

Any hints/tips would be appreciated!

DR

2. DigitalRanger thread starter macrumors newbie

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

im new to Mac but if its asking for Windows Media Player then maybe the site isnt made for Macs?

4. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

Looking at the source code and etc. I can see it requires a a plugin which can decode Windows Media Audio 8, knowing that you have installed Flip4Mac, I noticed on this page http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/windows-media-player/wmcomponents that the Flip4Mac plugin doesn't list Windows Media Audio 8 as a supported codec. This could be why you are having a problem listening to the streamed audio.

Now since I don't have a Mac or use OS X, my verdict is just a guess!