Need Help for Upgrade my MBP 15'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by liuz1219, Jul 27, 2010.

1. liuz1219 macrumors newbie

its A1150 ,early 2006, which means its has only 128 video memory, and 512 RAM. I have already upgraded the RAM to 1.5, but some website said "System is capable of recognizing 4GB of memory. However, due to the 32-bit limitation of MS Windows/Mac OS, Operating System can only utilize 3.25GB of the memory when 2GB + 2GB are installed. Therefore we recommend the configuration of 2GB + 1GB = 3GB for this system. 64-bit windows would not have this limitation."

Im not so sure about it. has anyone done this before? i also heard the limitation to upgrade A1150 is 2GB maximum.

Need Help

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

The early 2006 model has a maximum of 2GB of RAM, you are correct.

3. liuz1219 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No, it is not a Mac OS X limitation, it's in the firmware / logic board.

There are MBPs, which can accept 4GB, thus the 2Gb modules. It doesn't mean you can use them to get 4GB.

But if you're risky enough, you could buy two of them and see for yourself and always return the one, that didn't work.

Btw, you can edit your posts via the [​IMG] button, or multi-quote posts via the [​IMG] button, as sequential posts are "against" the rules.

Minor Problems

6. Sequential posts.
    Combine your comments into one post rather than making many consecutive posts to a thread within a short period of time.

5. liuz1219 thread starter macrumors newbie