need help from apple gurus on apple costume

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by warmpancakes, Aug 16, 2012.

1. warmpancakes macrumors newbie

Ok yes I know this is my first post but I need help with a piece of Apple "history" This is a apple costume made for apple for a promotion in conjunction with Inacomp computer centers, Way back in 1991 to "sell more macs" it Involved a Person in a apple costume called "selmor maks" . Theres a poster that details how the sales people were able to win prizes for selling apple products. I have the poster, costume and the shipping box for the costume, Has anybody ever seen one? Im just curious as I plan on wearing it for a party this october unless its worth dumb money, because i dont wanna ruin it because of drunken festivites

the costume is
    gloves and boots
    red jumpsuit
    the apple head
    weighs probably 8 lbs tops

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I have no idea about the value of such a thing, but I highly doubt that Apple would have had anything to do with something so lame. I suspect that it's something that Inacomp dreamed up without Apple's knowledge. Heck the Apple doesn't even have a bite out of it. Does that poster have a copyright on it?

3. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

Unless you worked at Inacomp and remember it, it's not worth any money. It was clearly dreamed up by them, with enough distance from Apple's copyrights to keep from getting in trouble. So... unless you knew Inacomp did this, you'd never know it had anything whatever to do with Apple, Macs, sales, or whatever.

4. 92WardSenatorFE macrumors regular

92WardSenatorFE

You know, this is pretty unique. It would be hard to tell how much it's worth without appraising it. Most people may see it as a knock off costume, but you'd be very suprised to see some of the Apple stuff that people collect (even if it's not directly affiliated with Apple).

5. warmpancakes thread starter macrumors newbie

I spoke with the company that made the costume, way back in 1991 they cannot say who it was made for but it was over 1000.00. Looks like ill be the big red apple trick or treating this year, My dog is scared ******** of it:rolleyes:

6. OnceYouGoMac macrumors 6502

It's bizarre, but I guess my friends would love it if I wore something like that to a Halloween party this year. They all know how much of an Apple fan I am :D:apple: Maybe I should make myself a Mac costume...