Need Help from the experts!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by swoosh0217, May 20, 2011.

1. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

So yesterday my iPhone 4 was running a 4.2.1 custom FW with 1.59 baseband therefore its unlocked with Tmobile. Last night I decided to take the plunge and go with the latest 4.3.3 custom FW.

The first thing I did was backed up my phone. I opened TU and started the server. I Then installed Pwnage 4.3.3 for Mac. I downloaded the 4.3.3 IPSW from felixburns website and this is the FW I use to create my 4.3.3 custom FW. I then proceeded with iTunes with the option + restore and pointed it towards my 4.3.3 custom FW. Everything went smoothly as iTunes restored my phone but in the end, my iPhone was stucked on the black screen (DFU mode).

Luckily for me, I saved my SHSH blob so I went ahead and reverted back to my custom 4.2.1 without a problem. WTF am I doing wrong?

Your response is highly appreciated. Thank you.

2. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

What all did you try before reverting back to 4.2.1?

3. swoosh0217 thread starter macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

I didn't try anything else except Pwnage tool. I have always been using Pwnage tool for JB since I'm on an iMac.

4. redbotsoftware macrumors regular

5. swoosh0217 thread starter macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

I did. I used my wife's macbook and the outcome was the same. Once it's done with restoring the phone, it puts the phone on a DFU mode.

6. swoosh0217 thread starter macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Have you tried getting it out of dfu by holding down the home button. Or kicking it out of dfu with tiny umbrella. I know it more for recovery mode but might be worth a try

8. swoosh0217 thread starter macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

Thanks Labman. When I look into the TU screen, the "kick out of recovery" was grayed out so I couldn't click it. I tried to put it in DFU mode manually but was unsuccessful. What I did do was I downloaded iReb for my windows laptop and used that to put my phone in DFU mode. (this is after my 2nd try of JB'ng). I then proceeded to use iTunes for custom restore but in the end puts my phone back to DFU mode. Soooo frustrating!

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Theres also a program on tinyumbrellas site to exit recovery.