Need help getting data off of a loaned Iphone onto my new touch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thehempchick, Sep 21, 2010.

1. thehempchick macrumors newbie

Hi all :)

So I had an iPhone a few months ago but didn't need it as I just wanted to get the itouch instead.

My iPhone data still exists as a backup on my computer named "SOL Phone"

A friend loaned me his old iPhone to use while I waited for the new touch.

I bought that today and plugged it into my computer.

Two options showed up in itunes, "Set up as new iPhone" or
    "Restore from the back up of" with "SOL Phone" as the option.

I clicked restore and now have all my OLD data on my NEW touch.

Now I would like to get the NEWER info off of my friends loaned iPhone to ADD that to my new touch.

Seems there is no option to do so...

"Set up as a new iPhone", I am told will erase all my data, the other "restore" will replace it.

Now what?

Thanks!

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

sorry you cant have the best of both worlds! either your old data or you new data. I would manually enter one or the other then backup again. sorry :(

3. thehempchick thread starter macrumors newbie

What about a 3rd party app that can do it?

It would take waaaaay too long to manually enter the data... and what about my pictures??! :(

A friend said a 3rd party app should be possible but I didn't know what app to use, hence my question :)

All I need are my contacts, voice memos, pictures, and notes.

Thank you :)

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

have you tried to sync your contacts with outlook? you can put your pics in a folder on your computer then tell iTunes to sync that folder with your iPhone. but to merge pics from both devices you can set up two different folders and then copy all of the pics from one and paste in the other. then resync with your iPhone. notes and voice memos not sure......

5. thehempchick thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I get beyond the first screen?

Here's the pic of that screen:

[​IMG]

6. thehempchick thread starter macrumors newbie

YAY!!! I found a solution!!!

I just wanted you all to know that the problem is solved...

So in case you run into the same issue... you've got your answer... at least one that works today lol.

So after I manually got my most important data off my phone, I crossed my fingers, plugged it in, and let itunes create it as a new phone.

It made a back-up of it's contents and did not erase anything. WHEW!

I then took it a step further and synched my contacts, photos, and notes, so all the data would be the same on both the loaned iphone and my computer.

Afterwards, I synched my computer's data with the new touch and it was done.

ahhhh...

Okay! Thanks again for all your help :)

~ T.H.C. ~

Check me out at http://www.TheHempChick.com

Join the movement and, if you wish, also make money in the most ground breaking, world shifting, mind blowing opportunity, that 70 years ago was our answer to being 100% energy independent (as well as sustainable) from any foreign source of anything. We WERE growing our own food, our own fuel, our own clothing, our own cosmetics and our own medicine RIGHT IN OUR OWN BACKYARDS. No man, woman or child would EVER have had to die for oil, or any other foreign resource. It's a horrifying shame. But let us now get beyond the atrocities that placed money over stewardship of our planet and our people so WE CAN ALL LIVE ABUNDANTLY - at least - HERE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE!

We The People are uniting and we are taking back our country! Become a part of the greatest movement our time on this planet will come to know!

There are three types of people on the planet... those who MAKE IT HAPPEN... those who WATCH IT happen... and those who say... "what happened??!"

Be one who "MAKES IT" HAPPEN. Join the hemp collective now: http://www.TheHempCollective.net