Need help getting free pascal compiler 0.6.4

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by rokas000, Nov 24, 2011.

1. rokas000 macrumors newbie

Hi guys! I'm getting trouble finding FPS 0.6.4 to download :/ nevertheless i don't think that it is easy to install in :/ can somebody help me with it? I already have installed Xcode 4, but that program don't work with free pascal language or atleast i don't know how to find it? Anyway I'll appreciate any help from You. By the way really sorry for my awful english :) :apple:

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think you might get more help over here in Mac Programming :)

3. rokas000 thread starter macrumors newbie

i can't find anything, search doesn't help me neither :S

----------

im running fps 0.6.4 with wine bottler bye the way, the one problem is when I write the program, compile it everything is OK, but program can't LAUNCH it. So i can't be sure is it working or not as I want to.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you are running it with WINE of any sort that means it's a Windows executable. Almost certainly the compiler is, therefore, producing Windows executables. They will also have to be launched via WINE

5. larswik macrumors 68000

Last semester in school I took a programming class and they used Pascal and I used FPS. I don't know of a way to get it to work with Xcode 4 which is what I wanted. So instead I installed http://www.ubuntu.com/ operating system on my Mac to emulate the environment we had at school, it worked great. I could do the homework assignments at home instead of in the crowed lab.

I think you need Parallels with this as well to install an extra operating system but it worked great!

6. rokas000 thread starter macrumors newbie

but when i save my work as .exe file wine doesn't open it :/

7. rokas000 thread starter macrumors newbie

as i know parallels isn't for free huh? how much did you paid?

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

9. rokas000 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you, I actually get that program and it's running really well with my win xp. all i need is FPS and it's working great. Thank You for all replies in this topic now you can close it :)

----------

PEACE :apple:

10. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you use the Edit functionality on your first post on this thread you can set the topic to "Resolved". We normally leave threads open in case further discussion on the same topic is needed (say someone else wants help with this in future).