need help getting iMessage to work again

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ALMF, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ALMF macrumors regular

Since I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS6 it has not worked.

I have reset the device, played with time settings, yet the iMessage toggle remains gray and under it reads "Activation Unsuccessful. Turn on iMessage to try again." But as i mentioned, the toggle is gray and will not turn on/off.

I have read thread after thread and cant find a way to get this working again.

Advice?

2. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

There are a few threads that it is down. I think it's just a coincidence that the timing was after your upgrade. It appears to be out around the country.

3. ALMF thread starter macrumors regular

I did the upgrade the day iOS6 came out and have kinda been patiently waiting to get it working again since then. I thought it was maybe a bug or something.

I called Apple and they offered a little help but not much as my Applecare+ has ran its time and I did not want to pay $19 for a one time deal that may not fix it.

After talking to Apple I played with more settings. This time I turned off all restrictions and the toggle works now. But since iMessage is down right now it just says "Waiting for activation"

So I guess after the iMessage system is back and I get it working, then I can turn restrictions back on maybe? Don't like the idea of keeping restrictions disabled just for iMessage to work.

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Mine just started working again after a few hours. Give it a bit.