NEED HELP: Getting MMS To Work On ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Westin, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Westin macrumors regular

Ok, so I have browsed and searched through threads but I still need help. I know I need to download the carrier file, and if someone could link me to it I would appreciate it. I also know you can install it on itunes by typing something into terminal... My problem is that I am running windows, so since I dont have terminal what do I do?????? Thank you so much

2. jonessodarally macrumors member

Here's the deal: I've had 3.0 since the gold master was released last week. I'm friends with the people at the local at&t store, so I had them do everything in their power to help me get it set up on their end. I went through all the iTunes pre-release crap, carrier file updating, etc. and got to where the mms option was available.

Basically, after all that and a lot of effort and trials, it seems the farthest anyone has consistently gotten is to get mms messaging to get about 95% sent then error out. This will pretty much be how it will go until at&t officially turns it on, according to everything I've looked into.

3. Westin thread starter macrumors regular

Ya I know, but I figure I would give it a try. Do you have a link to the carrier files?

4. jonessodarally macrumors member

I do, if you can provide me with an AIM screenname or an email address. did you go through the steps to get the pre-release itunes that allows editing the carrier file? you'll need to do that first, instructions are all over with a quick google search.

5. Westin thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I have it, aim is: exileskimer@gmail.com

6. QuietFun macrumors regular

QuietFun

would you mind sending me those carrier files also?

brokencardboard@gmail.com

Thanks