Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renewed

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
I purchased a few Cds from iTunes around 6 months back. I then deleted a lot of music and somehow deleted these Cds from my Library. When I go to Check For Downloads under Store in the iTunes Menu it checks and then assumes all is there.

How can I get the music back that I have purchased and download it back into iTunes on my MacBook.

I am running iTunes 8.1

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
You will have to contact the iTunes store directly and plead your case

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

WG5516

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2009
That music is as good as gone. They tell you to back up your purchases. I were you I would say you upgraded to the new iTunes and those songs went missing. That's been happening a lot lately to a lot of people.

txr0ckabilly

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Southwest Louisiana
I deleted a bunch of music I had on my home pc. (user error)

I contacted apple support via email and lied to them. (I know)
I told them that I had a hard drive crash and had no backups. They basicly told me to check my iTunes for downloads that hadn't been downladed yet. There were close to 800 in the que. I re-downloaded all of them.

The rest of the email said some of the older purchases could not be re-downloaded due to files no longer available or some kind of change since then. I was also informed that I should back them up because they'd not do this again.

"everybody gets one" - spiderman (family guy)

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Contact iTunes and explain your situation. I've heard a few cases where they will give you a one-time re-download.

If all else fails, you can upgrade your music to iTunes Plus. Since that is based on purchase history it doesn't matter if you have the old files or not. You get to download the new versions. Won't be free, but much cheaper at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.