Need Help here.. Top Menu

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sdahe, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello guys....

How do I eliminate the .Mac icon from the top bar?...

[​IMG]

Another thing is how can I place my current connection of my Sprint Card in the same place the .Mac icon is....

One more!!!... How do I make my Dock look like this?
    [​IMG]

Thanks...

2. skwij macrumors 6502

To get rid of the silly .mac in the bar, click command, then drag it off (command is the :apple: key).

Can't help with the other questions, don't even know what a Sprint card is ;).

There's lots of dock mods out there though......I remember googling them ages ago, but was too afraid to mess with the dock too much.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i assume your talking about the Airport icon right? just command-click and drag it next to the Time Machine icon.

this is just the 2D dock you get when you put it to the left or right of the screen. to get it at the bottom of the screen copy and paste this command into Terminal which is in the Utilities folder.

Code:
    defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock
    to get the 3D dock back replace "YES" with "NO"

4. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hey thanks for the info on the dock... About the network connection: when I had Tiger I could pace a small icon where I use to click and tell the computer con connect my Sprint Internet USB Card... Now I have to go to system preferences/network and do it from there...

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

im not sure what you mean as you might have been using third party software for your Sprint internet in Tiger.

but if you use the Airport icon to connect to your local network you can add it to the menu bar by ticking "Show Airport status in menu bar" in Network preferences. then turn it on and select your network.