need help (hope i dont confuse you)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macpride, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macpride macrumors newbie

macpride

i just bought an imac and downloaded a photoshop cs2 program, registered it with the serial number that came with it and followed every step up untill the activation. 2 days later i deleted it and all files that came with it, now I have a copy of my girlfriends photoshop cs2 program but whenever i try to open it it keeps reading it as the first photoshop i got, and therefore wont open, im thinkin of just reformatting my mac so that i can start over again but im wondering if ne of you can help :confused::confused:

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

3 questions, did you burn a copy of the downloaded CS2? I'm wondering why you ended up using your gf's copy?

Did you buy this copy of CS2 from Adobe? I'm wondering because CS3 is the one you should be using if you bought a new iMac. The older version is slow for new Macs.

Did you actually uninstall the CS2 app or did you just delete the files? Adobe's apps need to be actually be uninstalled as there are virtually hundreds of small files on your computer as a result of installing the CS programs.

3. macpride thread starter macrumors newbie

macpride

i torrented the first one, so i just deleted all the files I could find (i know i must have missed some/alot) i copied my girlfriend whole adobe folder onto one of my flash drives and draggged it onto my desktop, it booted up and everything but like i said it booted up using the old serial number n name i used to register the first photoshop i torrented

4. macpride thread starter macrumors newbie

macpride

i searched for anything adobe photoshop related in my mac HD and deleted it, im thinking im going to have to reformat, and im not too sure how to do that but i beleive you boot the mac up with a install OSX disc in it while holding c?

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

MacRumors does not condone the piracy of software and will not allow discussion of the processes involved.

If you want to use the software, go buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.