Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I am running Monterey in a Trashcan Mac Pro. Tuxera allows me to see all files and folders in my Bootcamp partition but I cannot modify them or do anything on them. Is there maybe in Terminal a way to gain full access to them. Any help will be very appreciated!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You need support for NTFS read/write under macOS. there are a couple third party software that is designed just for that. Dunno if tuxera actually support such feature tho.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
You need support for NTFS read/write under macOS. there are a couple third party software that is designed just for that. Dunno if tuxera actually support such feature tho.
Thank you very much for your answer. I believe it is a problem of fully owning the rights since I can see all the files in Bootcamp but not change anything.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You don't need Tuxera to read the files on an NTFS volume. The macOS system already does that natively without anything additional.
But, you need proper NTFS drivers installed to be able to modify, or write new files, to an NTFS volume.

Maybe you have not paid for the Tuxera for Mac software? You can use it free for 15 days, then no longer allows writes, unless you purchase the software.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Thank you very much for your answer. I believe it is a problem of fully owning the rights since I can see all the files in Bootcamp but not change anything.
Yes, you don't have the right to write to NTFS partition under macOS, which third party software could help to resolve. Unfortunately every one of them that I am aware of needs payment to unlock this feature.

profdraper

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I am running Monterey in a Trashcan Mac Pro. Tuxera allows me to see all files and folders in my Bootcamp partition but I cannot modify them or do anything on them. Is there maybe in Terminal a way to gain full access to them. Any help will be very appreciated!
I've been using Paragon's NTFS+ for donkey's years ... works well (and also unlocks Disk Utility capacity for formatting & deal with NTFS partitions). https://www.paragon-software.com/home/mac-toolbox/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.