Need help: How to install SSD, etc...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cedthebeast, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Cedthebeast macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm planning on installing an SSD in a month or so..I just bought the new late 2011 mbp 15". I'd like to know what exactly to do once I get the SSD. I'm planning on getting an SSd probably a 120 or 128 gb. Any brand recommendations?

I want to put windows and also have OSX lion at the same time.
    I want to put my stock 750 gb hdd where my Superdrive is right now. and put the ssd where the stock 750 gb hdd is right now.
    I want to be able to put boot up on the ssd and also use some apps on it.

How would I do this? Like say I get the SSD, now what's the next steps? How do i get windows and osx on the ssd? I just don't' really understand the concept...so please help someone. THANKS!!!

2. VMMan macrumors 6502a

3. Cedthebeast thread starter macrumors newbie

I've read that already thank you, it's just it doesn't explain the how to part.

4. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

5. Cedthebeast, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

Cedthebeast thread starter macrumors newbie

YES! found some thank you!

Once I install ssd and hdd does something appear when I turn on my mbp to help me boot osx/windows..?

I'd like to know also it would be really awesome for someone who has put their stock hdd in the optical drive area and an SSD where the hdd is now.

And how would I format the hdd in the optical bay as storage and the ssd for booting up stuff