Need Help!! I Deleted iTunes..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 1madapple, Jan 17, 2008.

1. 1madapple macrumors member

1madapple

Hi again, somebody please help me out..:confused: Ok, because i'm such a fool, i decided to mess around with my macbook, i went to places that i shouldn't have been and accidentally deleted Safari and iTunes. After 2 hours of re-installing OS X leopard i got Safari back.
    But now there's an error icon in place where iTunes should be that says when i click on it: You cannot open the application "iTunes" because it is not supported on this architecture.
    How can i get iTunes back without losing the songs on my ipod? (in my next synch when i plug ipod in)
    Obviously my next step is to download iTunes again.. but will it upload the songs that are already in my ipod?

:eek:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The iTunes application is completely separate from the files in your library and even the sync settings with your iPod. You should be able to reinstall iTunes without affecting these. What sort of reinstall did you do to get Safari back? I'd attempt an iTunes reinstall, but the damage may lie deeper. Hopefully not. :)

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i think i think im not sure but teh safest bet is to reinstall itunes deleting all of your songs it's ok) then plug in your ipod you itunes library may still be in your computer, if thats not the case, no problem, get a little app called senuti(just goggle it you ll find it easily) and then plug in your ipod, this app will let you transfer the songs from your ipod back to your computer.

4. McGiord, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

To get your songs out of your iPod you'll need Senuti:

http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/

Use it before you sync.

Have you search on your HDD for any of your songs?
    I think if you only deleted the app it shouldn't have erased all your itunes library.
    ________
    girlfriends pics

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

By the way 1madapple, I'm far madder than you. I once ate a whole pineapple without peeling it.

6. 1madapple thread starter macrumors member

1madapple

Thank you all three of you, i'll have a look at Senuti right now!

I have used the disks that came with my macbook (1&2)

:p i wont argue

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

8. 1madapple thread starter macrumors member

1madapple

McGiord: i have used finder, and i do see the songs! :eek: I see the songs but don't see itunes, what does this mean and what can be done?

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Excellent. Did you carry out an archive & install, or merely an upgrade? If you reformatted then you'll need Senuti to get your music back, but the other two options should still leave you with your library intact. If you didn't do an archive & install, then I recommend doing one. Back everything up first even though it shouldn't technically be necessary.

...Or you could download it from Apple. :)

10. 1madapple thread starter macrumors member

1madapple

It was a archive&installment (it required two disks) So, my songs are still in finder.. what would be my next step? :confused:

I have found iTunes, clicked on it and heres what it says: The file "iTunes Library" cannot be read because it was created by a newer versionn of iTunes.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. Have you run Software Update? Install iTunes from the link above, and then open it whilst holding OPTION. This should prompt you to choose your library. :)

12. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

So you should download the latest version of iTunes, 7.6, and it should work.

Have you tried clicking on Software Update to see if it'll just download the updates from there ?

13. 1madapple thread starter macrumors member

1madapple

It worked!! Thank you mad jew, and thank you everyone! :]]]]

(if i sound like a newb its because i really am, macbook and ipod touch are my first Apple products..ever!)
    Thanks again ;)

Problem solved, thanks :D

14. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew