NEED HELP! IBook G3!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by l7alzk, Oct 6, 2008.

1. l7alzk macrumors newbie

So this is the problem. I just got this Ibook G3 from a friend who doesn't know what to do with it. I was told this computer was given to her while she was in collage so she has to log in with her "Student Account". Now she is not in college anymore and she kept the computer but there's one problem, the computer only logs in her student account and has no administrators access. She doesn't know the Admin's (Administrators) access code or the Teachers. So basically this computer is useless, I can't install programs or anything and everything is locked. I can't even put in CDs in it because it just ejects them again. My question is this. How the hell can I get it to work? Can this computer be restores to its original stage when it wasn't divided into users? If so, how can I do this? Please I need help, seeing as I get to keep this computer if I fix it!! Please help. I downloaded a Panther so I could install it if I get o restore it and no I don't have the restore disks. If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciated of it. Can contact me by email too. final_arkangel4382@yahoo.com

This is Urgent an I trust I can get help here !! Thanks in Advance ! :D:apple::apple:

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

You need an OS on CD to boot from. If you have that reboot holding down the C key and reset the password from there.

3. l7alzk thread starter macrumors newbie

I have downloaded Panther but I don't how to burn it into a bootable DVD I did try it with MagicIso but I just don't know how to. Anyone?

4. l7alzk thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried Reboot with C key held down but nothing...

5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

My suggestion would be to buy a retail panther CD and reset the password. Or you could just connect it with a firewire cable to another Mac and wipe the drive.

6. Bfat567 macrumors 6502

Bfat567

I burnt my downloaded mac os's with nero but i downloaded in iso format to burn dmg format use transmac.

7. l7alzk thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I do that with another Mac? What do I need to do? And Why doesn't the C key boot thing works?

8. l7alzk thread starter macrumors newbie

The Version of Panther I downloaded is already on .DMG

9. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Both Mac's need to have firewire ports. Hook up the firewire cable on both machines and on the iBook reboots it holding the T key down. The iBooks drive should show up on the other Mac. Then run disk utility to wipe the drive. As for the C boot do you have a bootable CD in the drive?

10. Bfat567 macrumors 6502

Bfat567

sorry im a recent switcher when i responded my brain was in pc mode :eek:

11. l7alzk thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone care to explain me how can I burn a bootable DVD so I can Install Panther on my Ibook?! Ived tried with magic ISO but nothing and I got Transmac too but i really don''t know how I would be really appreciated.