Need Help!!! (iBook G4 1.07 GHz power pc)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by rainman0915, Mar 18, 2011.

1. rainman0915 macrumors newbie

ok i have a few questions.

i have an iBook G4 1.07 GHz power pc with 256 MB built in ram running 10.3.9 that i am looking to configure.

first off whenever i am streaming video from the internet (which is the majority of what i do online) if it works at all it is extremely choppy and basically not even worth watching. i am thinking about adding an extra gig of ram, will this fix this problem? if not what will?

i would really like to get hulu working reasonibly, as of now it just tells me i need flash player, is there any way i can get a version of flash player that will work with hulu and other similar video streaming sites such as vimeo without installing a new operating system? if not is there an open source program that will allow me to view flash content?

and lastly i have been considering installing an open source operating system. if i was to do this which would be the best one? would i be able to run a version of flash player to do the things described above?

any other thoughts?

thanks for any input

sorry if this is in the wrong category, im new to this site

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I really think that computer is too old and has too little RAM to run anything Flash.

Not much you can do.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may get better response to threads with this tip. Good luck!