Need Help! (idea for a product)

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by TSE, May 25, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hi, I have a great and wonderful idea for a product for the MacBook Pro. I want to sell this because I think this would sell very good, but I don't know how to start selling because I know I cannot make this product on my own and it would be very hard to. I already have a basic design laid out with what materials need to be used, the dimensions, etc.

How do I have a company make these for me?

I live in Minnesota, and I am 14 and my parents said I need to make money my own way. I have my own bike repair shop in my garage, but unfortunately I am losing focus in that and I am not making much off that deal.

2. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Don't spam. You posted this already in another section in the forum. It takes a while sometimes for people to respond.

I think the problem here is that you can' tjust get a company to make something for you. You need to draw up official blueprints, probably get some sort of patent underway and have a decent amount of money to do all this to get a company to produce something for you... engineering and production costs are substantial in the developement faze.

All you could hope for is to send the idea to a few related companies and see i they want to pick it up and do something with it, but at 14 that's hard to do.

Goodluck though I suppose.