need help identifying electronic part, Macbook black 2.4 GHz logic board

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shawnus, Mar 17, 2010.

1. shawnus macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Anyone have the knowledge or access to the schematics to identify the bit pointed to by the arrow (see picture)? I suspect its a resistor, but I don't know. I'm looking to identify what it is and the details (ohm rating, etc) so I can have an electrician assist me with soldering. I'm not keen to send it all the way for expensive repairs when I know this is the only problem with the logic board.

Thanks for your help.

Shawn

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Even if you can find the part, it appears that you've ruined the pads that the component sits on making any repair attempt more or less pointless. That's a pretty bad picture, so I can't really tell.

3. shawnus thread starter macrumors newbie

I know it appears bad, but it looks worse than it really is. All the circuit lines are still active, I've checked, and it can be salvaged with soldering. I just need to know what the bit is.

Thanks!

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Do you have the good logic board on hand to test as well? You could easily check if it's a resistor or a cap if you did. That's probably a long shot though :p

5. shawnus thread starter macrumors newbie

sadly, the "good" logic board picture was scalped from the internet. Anyone know what this bit is?

I do have other identical bits on the logic board that I could test- I do have an ohm/voltage meter...

Thanks!

6. maddmac macrumors newbie

What board # is it?

I have schematics for my macbook 2.0 ghz c2d my board# (820-1889-A) it looks similar but not exact. I got my schematics from notebookschematics.com
    $10.50 Good Luck

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

The nearby KB/TP markings are interesting. Sounds like keyboard test point. Would be amusing if it was a short (a.k.a. "zero ohm resistor").

B