Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MsMay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2014
Story: I'm getting an Ipad using points from my credit card. There are two Ipads I'm interested in but the cc company is using some model numbers that are not Mac model numbers, so I'm not sure what the differences are in the two. I believe they are both Ipad4. Can someone help me and tell me what is the difference in the two are? I'm copy straight from their site.
Apple iPad with Retina Display 16GB and Wifi

Product Description:
iPad features a stunning retina display, iSight and FaceTime cameras, the all-new A6X chip, and ultrafast wireless. And with access to over 275,000 apps on the App Store, you can do more than ever. Black or White. Model No: IPAD416 Item No: CP05676
----------------------------------------------------------
Apple iPad with Retina display 16GB with Wi-Fi (iPad only)

Product Description:
With the breakthrough Retina display, 5-megapixel iSight camera, and ultrafast wireless, the new iPad is more immersive than ever before. Surf the web, check your email, flip through photos, watch a movie, play a game, thumb through a book or magazine, and more. iPad gives you a smarter, more intuitive, more fun way to do everyday things-and thanks to 200,000 apps in the App Store, things you can't even imagine. Model No: IPAD4WF16 Item No: CP03686

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
Are there pictures included because the both sound like iPad 4. The description of the second one says (iPad only) which generally indicates something else in the picture. It makes me wonder if number one doesn't include a case or cover and number two is the iPad only.

MsMay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2014
same pics

the pics are the same. I called them and they could not tell me anything but what was listed. I thought the same thing about the Ipad only, but same pic. I'm lost.
Are there different Ipad4's? There's WiFi and the ones that have specific phone plans like Verizon, AT&T, etc., right?

MsMay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2014
what do you mean points? you mean how many points from my cc does it take? if so, yes slightly 750. They made their model numbers different, which are not Mac model numbers. So I'm thinking it may just me a difference in the matches when they bought them.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
Pretty confusing. The 4 is the only model that had the a6x, so #1 is clearly a four. But number two has fewer apps in the store suggesting it's older. But they both say 4 in the part number. And there's no such thing as a model without Wi-Fi.

But if there's an option to turn that 700 points into $700 visa card, you can buy whatever you want right from the Apple Store.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
The #1 is the safest bet if you want an iPad 4. The #2 might be an iPad 3 and that is just a bad choice for an iPad. The reason the second one might be an iPad 3 is because the description is saying "ultra fast wireless" like it was a new feature, and the iPad 3 had 4G LTE just like the iPad 4.

Then again. IPAD416 could be "iPad 4 16 GB" and IPAD4WF16 could be "iPad 4 white front 16 GB" but that makes no sense because the first one says it is in black or white...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.