Need help identifying MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kuntryklucker, Mar 5, 2013.

1. kuntryklucker macrumors member

kuntryklucker

Hi All,

I went to the apple store today in search for a battery for my macbook.
    They said that I have a vintage macbook because it is a late 2006 model. :confused:

I was therefor not able to get a battery there and the Genius Bar tech suggested that I go to amazon to purchase a battery for my macbook. I looked and saw that they are available and have versions listed as to which model of macbooks they are comptiable with.

I need help finding out where I can find out what type of macbook I have so I know which battery to order. Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

You can go the :apple:>About this Mac. A window will pop up. It will say Mac OS X in large print. Click on the gray print under it until it shows the serial number. Follow the instruction on the site to enter the correct digits in. It will find your Macbook. It will also have a model # (A****). Search google for Macbook battery a****.

3. r0k, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013

r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

In the iOS app store there is a handy free app called MacTracker. I believe (though I'm not absolutely sure) it's available in the OSX app store as well.

I'm sure you could call Apple with your serial number and get the model number for the proper battery.

Based on your description, I found model number MA699LL/A in MacTracker and I found that on Apple's page it does indeed show "vintage."

4. kuntryklucker thread starter macrumors member

kuntryklucker

Ok, thank you so much, I will try that and see if I can find the info that I need.