Need help importing PAL into iMovie 06 or 08

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jimbama, Aug 28, 2007.

1. jimbama macrumors newbie

Hello-

I have a DV tape that was recorded in a camera from Italy, and I'm assuming in the PAL format. Iam trying to import the tape using my American (NTSC) camera. When trying to import into iMovieHD, i'm getting this message:

The camera is sending half-sized frames, which iMovie HD can’t accept. Check your camera’s record mode (this is the setting that affects recording quality, which determines the total recording time on a tape). The mode must be set to “SP” or “LP.” If that doesn't help, try removing all the cables and batteries from the camera, wait a minute, replace them, and then reset the date, time, and record mode.

iMovie08 is only recognizing a blue screen. Any advice on how to import this footage into either program? I tried changing the frame rate for the import but it didn't help...

thank you in advance!

2. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

You will need a PAL playing camera or deck and then you should start a PAL project.

3. MarkRG macrumors newbie

PAL Into iMovie HD 2005

Hi there,

I live in the UK, I am trying to import 10 hours of HDV footage into iMovie, trouble is it captures in Pink and Green.

My theory behind this is that it is not compatable and the version of iMovie I have is 2005.

Is there a way around this. I guess my footage was recorded in PAL and this version of iMovie is capuring in NTSC.

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Mark